Surgical Tech - Dr. P. Phillips Inpatient Surgery - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of southwest Orange County and Orlando's growing tourist population. With 237 acute care beds, Dr. Phillips Hospital offers signature programs such as 24-hour emergency services; surgical services, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, neurosurgery, vascular surgery and orthopedics; cardiovascular care, diagnostic imaging services, an accredited Chest Pain Center and a designated Stroke Center. In addition to the highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital features the latest technology in signature service lines of diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular procedures, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, and orthopedics.
The Dr. P. Phillips Surgery department is seeking an experienced surgical tech to join their team. Qualified candidates will possess the following:
National certification as Surgical Technologist eligible and completed within six months of hire date from one of the following:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (www.nbstsa.org) â“ renewed every 4 years; or
- Tech in Surgery - Certified by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (www.ncctinc.com) â“ renewed annually.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Successful completion of:
- Surgical Technology training program; or
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.